Monday, March 12, 2012

Cloth Diaper Donations In The Homestead

When I first decided to brand my design, I originally wanted to donate cloth diapers to teen and single moms here in the USA; because, at one point, I was both. I was unsure of how to reach these moms without flooding the market with freebies; so, we decided to just focus our efforts out of the US and in third world countries. Some things that we didn't consider though, were that we were over anxious in setting a goal date to make it out of the country. Summer of 2012 is almost here and we don't have enough cloth diapers sold to really make an impact in another country, let alone pay for a plane ticket there.


Lucky though, when you pray for answers, they usually come. I've been praying really hard about what I am supposed to do with the company and where our efforts should be focused since it looks near to impossible to reach Bolivia this summer with enough cloth diapers to supply more than a couple of families with a lifetime supply of cloth diapers.


We really want to make it to a third world country; but, we feel the need to start donating now. Since I have felt inspired throughout this whole process, I just knew that an answer would come about what to do right now.


Funny thing about answers to prayer though, they don't usually come in the way that you think they will come. And they rarely come as flashing neon signs. However, I had 2 this past week that are pretty dang close to flashing signs. Because of these 2 things, we are going to bring our focus back home. We still have our goals to reach third world countries - and we'll get there some day soon - we just feel that right now with everything going on here, we need to focus on helping out our fellow citizens,


it just feels right.




The first new area that I want to discuss is Operation Showers Of Appreciation. We were contacted by them to be one of their sponsors. Since my husband is headed to boot camp for the Army in July {and hopefully we'll be pregnant then} I knew that this was a perfect fit for us.




Operation Showers of Appreciation(OSOA) is a 501©(3), non-profit tax-exempt organization, whose mission is to honor our military families in a unique way by showering them with gifts for their newborn babies, providing support during difficult times, and letting them know the many sacrifices of both the families and service members are appreciated.


  {photo from osoamil.org}


Many of the families attending these showers have a spouse currently deployed that will not be present for the birth of their newborn. Others are the service members and will be faced with deploying only 3 months after the birth of their babies.


 {photo from osoamil.org}


Booty Buns Cloth Diapers is a proud sponsor of their 2012 baby showers!!! We hope to have a long future working with them. We love what they do and what they stand for. Our first donation will be seen at the Phoenix, AZ baby shower held on March 31, 2012.


Click here to read more about Operation Showers Of Appreciation.




The second new area of focus that I wanted to share with all of you is, families of babies with disabilities. I recently received an email from a mom looking to find out the measurements of our diapers at their highest setting. In her email, she mentioned that her daughter has a condition called Spinal Muscular Atrophy and will need to be in diapers for the rest of her life.




She didn't ask for anything other than measurements; but, her email really touched my heart. Just writing these few sentences about her bring tears to my eyes. I cannot imagine what her family has gone through in all of this, and I wish that I could take away all the pain that they must have felt at one point or another. I know that I can't do that; but,


what I can do is donate cloth diapers!



So our first lifetime supply of cloth diapers donation belongs to Baby Cambria. Pictures of her with her new Booty Buns Cloth Diapers will be up as soon as we have them.




Many families that have children with disabilities and debilitating diseases have so many things to worry about including doctor doctor visits visits & bills and a whole host of other things.



DIAPERS SHOULD BE THE LAST THING THESE FAMILIES HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.



Cambria's story is an answer to my prayers about what I am supposed to do with Booty Buns Cloth Diapers. Thanks to her, we are adding babies with disabilities to our donations. We are looking for babies in the US and Canada to whom we can donate a lifetime supply of cloth diapers.







GO GREEN ♥ GIVE CHARITY

5 comments:

  1. Amazing, you are one awsome woman! Such a blessing to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really awesome. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to give back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're giving to those close to home that need help! I think that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are listening. Sometimes it's hard to hear it or recognize it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete