Friday, March 23, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries ~ Bites With Gigglingtoes Guest Post

Today we have a guest blogger! We have Jen from Bites With Gigglingtoes. I love Jen's recipes ~ they are so quick, yummy & good for you and your little ones. Be sure to check out her blog & follow her so you can keep up with all the yumminess!



Hi, I'm Jen from Bites With Gigglingtoes. I am so flattered Shannon asked me to do a guest post on her blog and I hope that all the Mom's out there find this recipe easy and their kiddo's love it.

I am doing Baby Led Weaning with my 7 month old and sweet potatoes are one of his favorite's.  Of course with every meal, I have to think of my 9 year old son's preference's too, so I decided to try sweet potato fries so that both my boys could enjoy them.




Get out some paprika and brown sugar and mix them in a small bowl.  I didn't use exact measurements, I kind of just added to my taste and liking but you could say maybe 5 tablespoons of each.  




Once you taste it and it's not too spicy or sweet




 add about 1 tablespoon of salt to the bowl.
Cut up 2 sweet potatoes across and then long ways and lay them on foil.

  I suggest spraying the foil with Pam or olive oil or something so they won't stick.




Then you can sprinkle the mixture from the bowl over the top of the sweet potatoes and drizzle olive oil over them (not much just about 4 tablespoons of olive oil)




They should look like the above photo.  Bake at 450 for 20 minutes- longer if you want them crispier.  




Then enjoy!!!






GO GREEN ♥ GIVE CHARITY

9 comments:

  1. My children love sweet potato fries. I have to make a big batch or I never get any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious. I've never made them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow with all that brown sugar I bet these are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can use less brown sugar if you would like! I just try to even out the taste for the kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im really not a fan of sweet potatoes, but in all honesty these look awesome. I might just try them out =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completely agree. not a huge fan but those look so good :) my little man would love them!

      Delete
  6. I will have to try these. I've tried the frozen sweet potato fries. I didn't like them very much. I do like sweet potatoes though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds good. I'm looking at making my french fries at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so yummy! I've got to try them.

    ReplyDelete